The Maplewood’s goal is to welcome resident visitors as often as possible.
All visitors must complete a COVID test and prove they’ve received a negative result within 24 hours of their visit. Please bring lab documentation or your home test kit showing the negative result to be reviewed at visitor check in.
Entering the Building and Visitation Hours:
- Visitation at Maplewood is available 7 days a week. Maplewood requests that visits occur between 9am and 7pm.
- All visitors must enter the facility via the Daniel Dr. entrance.
- Any potential visitor who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 or is exhibiting signs and symptoms that resemble COVID-19 should avoid visiting The Maplewood for 10 days.
- Maplewood requests (but does not require) that all visitors be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All visitors are required to sign in at our Daniel Dr. entrance and provide required screening information about recent exposure to COVID-19 as well as their contact information. Should a COVID-19 outbreak occur, this information will be acquired by the NYS DOH.
- Visitor temperature will be monitored and stored by an infrared camera located at the building entrance. If a visitor is found to have an elevated temperature, facility staff will be alerted and that visitor will be asked to go to the secondary screening protocol.
- Maplewood will provide visitors with a rapid COVID test kit while supplies last. Those persons designated in the medical record as Compassionate Caregivers will be exempted and given access to the facility whenever end of life, significant mental, physical, social decline or crisis of a resident is determined by the facility.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth at all times while inside the Maplewood. This includes visiting in residents rooms.
- Visitors must wear a well-fitting non-surgical mask or mask of higher quality at all times while visit the facility. If the visitor wishes, a cloth mask may be placed over the paper mask. Cloth masks alone will no longer be an acceptable mask in a nursing home. Appropriate masks are available to Maplewood visitors, free of charge.
- Hand hygiene must be followed before and after the visit.
- Families are asked to be reasonable about how many people visit at one time. Our coffee lounge, living rooms and common areas are available for your use. Please do not congregate in hallways.
Personal Caregivers and Compassionate Caregivers:
- Each resident may designate 1 personal caregiver and 1 compassionate caregiver.
- A personal caregiver is defined as one who provides resident care and support to benefit mental, physical and/or social well-being. COVID testing may be required of personal caregivers.
- A compassionate caregiver is defined as one who provides care and support in anticipation of resident end of life or a resident instance of significant mental, physical or social decline.
Suspension of Visitation:
- If a resident or staff member is found to be positive for COVID-19, or if there is suspected exposure of a resident from a visitor, visitation suspension will not include personal and compassionate caregivers, however, additional infection control measures may be required during such an event.