The Maplewood’s goal is to welcome resident visitors as often as possible. This policy reflects the guidance issued on March 25, 2021 from the New York State Department of Health regarding visitation in nursing homes.
Entering the Building and Visitation Hours:
- Visitation at Maplewood is available 7 days a week between the hours of 9 am and 7 pm.
- All visitors must enter the facility via the Daniel Dr. entrance.
- Any potential visitor who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 should avoid visiting for 14 days. Any potential visitor with signs and symptoms that resemble COVID-19 should avoid visiting the Maplewood for 14 days.
- Maplewood requests that all visitors be vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination is requested but not required.
- All visitors are required to sign in at our Daniel Dr. entrance and provide required screening information about recent exposure to COVID-19 as well as their contact information. Should a COVID-19 outbreak occur, this information will be acquired by the NYS DOH.
- Visitor temperature will be monitored and stored by infrared camera located at the building entrance. If a visitor is found to have an elevated temperature, facility staff will be alerted and that visitor will be asked to go to secondary screening protocol.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth at all times while inside the building or outside in the presence of residents. Visitors are still required to remain 6 ft. apart from residents. If the resident agrees, is vaccinated and is able to wear a mask, 6 ft. distancing is not required. Hand hygiene must be followed before and after the close visit.
- Families are asked to be reasonable about how many people visit at one time. We are asking that generally visits be limited to 6 people or less. Please go directly to your resident’s room or the common area where you will have your visit. Our coffee lounge, living rooms and common areas are available for your use.
- Visitation will not include eating together or other circumstances that would require the visitor to remove their mask. Visitors are requested to not congregate in hallways.
- Newly admitted residents will continue to be required to be quarantined for 14 days prior to having visitors.
Suspension of Visitation:
- Suspected exposure of a resident from a visitor will result in suspension of all visitation for a period of time.
- If a resident or staff member is found to be positive for COVID-19, it will result in suspension of all visitation for a period of time.