Baked Squash with Apples
October 26, 2017
Our volunteer, Mary Jane, arrived today to demonstrate how to make her Baked Squash with Apples, a wonderful fall dish! Everyone loved it so much that we thought we should share the recipe.
1 medium butternut squash (approximately 2 pounds)
2 apples (Cortland is Mary Jane’s favorite)
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1/8 – 1/4 tsp cinnamon (depending on taste)
1/8 – 1/4 tsp nutmeg (depending on taste)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and seed the squash. Cut into 3/4 – 1 inch chunks.
3. Peel and core the apples. Cut into 3/4 inch chunks.
4. Combine squash and apples in a 2-3 quart baking dish.
5. Dot butter over squash and apples.
6. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over squash/apple mixture.
7. Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes.
NOTE – Can be made ahead – keep covered and refrigerated. Allow an additional 15 minutes bake time.