Posted: 7/26/2018 3:01:19 PM by
Much to our delight, our volunteer, Mary Jane, came in today for her monthly series "Cooking with Mary Jane". As usual, her dish featured a fresh local ingredient: blueberries that she picked herself at a local farm! She cooked up a blueberry cobbler that was so delicious, we thought we should share the recipe.
This recipe is from the cookbook, Motherhood and Apple Pie and it makes 6 to 8 servings.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water
- Prehat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together. Add to creamed mixture alternatively with the milk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased, shallow 2-quart casserole dish, spreading evenly
- Spoon the blueberries over the mixture
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the fruit
- Pour the water over the top.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!